Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pick me

Libs are making it up | The Australian Your Say Blog

Let's see. Howard and Costello say they are sick of Keating claiming sole credit for economic reform, as the Liberals commissioned the Campbell Report which recommended the key changes. Keating says - but look, in 1977, I told Parliament that foreign banks should be let in, Hayden agreed with me, and so I had the reform idea first.

Soon, I reckon Keating will be pulling out notes of conversations he had with high school teachers to prove it all started with him.

I like Keating's claim that Howard and Costello were "stunned" by his recent Lateline performance.

I reckon the people more likely to be "stunned" are Rudd's team, who must grind their teeth every time electoral poison Paul makes another self-aggrandising media appearance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, It's hard to see this as anything other than Keating reliving 1996 vicariously.

Clearly he wants to be in a position where if Labor win, he can claim some credit for bringing down Howard.

It must really stick in his craw that Howard, of all people, has been more electorally formidible than him.