Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh.. my... God

Before I get to the main point, while I type this I can see Shirley Bassey on TV performing at the 2005 Royal Variety concert from England.

What gives with Ms Bassey? How old is she? It feels like she should be about 80, yet she has looked exactly the same for the last 40 years. I can only assume that she is either:

a. some triumph of plastic surgery (but doesn't have the very obvious over-worked looks of many American stars),
b. a singing robot, or
c. she has sold her soul to the Devil.

She is the best preserved ancient singer in the world; she makes Cliff Richard look like a geriatric prune.

OK, I can't avoid the main point now.

What the hell are the parliamentary Liberals thinking?? Did Peter Costello vote for Brendan Nelson as leader just in case he (Peter) has a change of heart and wants to take a stab at leadership in 18 months time?

Does anyone in Australia, anyone at all, think that Nelson will be a better leader than Turnbull. No? I didn't think so....

I can't stand Nelson. Everyone I have heard on the media or in real life talking about Liberal leadership since the election has said they like Turnbull.

The theory that the party really just wants Nelson to hold the seat and take all the punishment of the first couple of years of opposition before they get serious and appoint Turnbull has some merit.

But jeez...do we have to really go through the embarrassment of having the 3rd or 4th rate contender as leader first?

2 comments:

Keri said...

Shirley Bassey is a perfect example of good genetics and an even better plastic surgeon. Plus, Welsh people either look 100 years older than they are, or look permanently 12. Thankfully I'm in the latter category.

Maria said...

Most people have to have Brendan Nelson as Opposition Leader - I've got him as Opposition Leader AND MP. Think how I'm suffering. And he's in one of the safest Lib electoral seats ever so he's been here for years. Previously he's been pretty quiet - I usually only get a pamphlet or two during the elections and even then he wins by a landslide. But now that he's Opposition Leader, will he beprancing about doing a whole lot of gladhanding in the area? Please no. I really hoped it would be Turnbull. Please get rid of Nelson, pick Turnbull, and end the suffering of us Bradfieldians.