Saturday, February 16, 2008

Doctor, she's talking to ships

Running out of time to save our great bay - Opinion - theage.com.au

While reading Tracee's column this morning (which is just so easy to ridicule, I wonder if Tracee is offering it as a gift to Tim Blair during his recuperation), I kept being reminded of Spike Milligan in The Goon Show singing "I talk to the trees, that's why they put me away..."

(Oh, and it's a fine Blair column in the Telegraph today.)

UPDATE: "Doctor, he's talking to flowers."

Wow, two columnists from The Age are inviting psychiatric assessment today. Leunig is an apologising mood:
One day we must surely get down on our knees to every lizard and frog and orchid — and weep an apology.
Actually, I shouldn't be too harsh, he actually agrees with me on one point:
...I felt the wording of the apology, like the national anthem, was just a bit feeble. The spirit was there, but dulled by the cliched language of born-again motivational speeches. Mungo MacCallum lamented it was written by a platoon of public servants and not a poet...

No comments: