Friday, November 12, 2010

Dawn Treader is coming

The Narnia films have been very, very good. The third one, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, is being released on 9 December, and yet I fear it is receiving inadequate publicity.

People in Brisbane who were able to visit one of the film locations (as my family did) have a particular reason to look forward to seeing it.

Really, Walden Media do very high quality films generally, and as it appears that the success of this film will determine whether or not the series comes to an end, all readers are hereby commanded to go see it.

Here's my bit to help promote it:

3 comments:

TimT said...

As you know I didn't think the first was so good, but I quite enjoyed number two, so I'll be lining up to see this.

I wonder if they'll film The Silver Chair. That's another favourite, along with The Magicians Nephew (although that one has very little chance of getting filmed). I have more interest in seeing The Silver Chair on film than in seeing The Last Battle.

Steve said...

I remain puzzled as to why you're one of the few people in the world who prefer the second over the first, but each to his own.

I was reading that there is uncertainty over which they would film next, assuming this one makes money. And I agree, the Last Battle would be a tad problematic. I bet they end the series before that.

TimT said...

The unleasing of apocalyptic forces in The Last Battle could really be made for cinema though. Though the baddies from Tashkent would be a bit too politically sensitive.

They haven't compromised the ideas in the books so far, so hopefully they'll continue to do this in the films.