Monday, March 21, 2011

Well, just tie the knot, then

Julia Gillard was apparently talking up her socially conservative opinions yesterday.

People seem to have trouble believing these are genuinely held. Perhaps that has something to do with her being in a de facto relationship?

I think once before when questioned about this, she noted in response something like "there's more than one party involved in the question of marriage;" I suppose that was ambiguous as to whether it was her or her partner who was cool on the idea, but it seemed to suggest that one might be keener on the idea than the other.

If it's Julia who doesn't want to marry him (and I think she has said before she never really aspired to marriage and kids,) I don't know you can really claim to be all that socially conservative.

If it's her partner, then I think she should take the view I have stated before: women should not let men hang around indefinitely in a relationship. It suits them too much*. Women: if you're going to live with a bloke at all (not that that I recommend that either) - give him 6 months; 12 tops. If he has cold feet about marriage still: ship him out.

No need to thank me Julia. Relationship advice from Opinion Dominion is free.

* (Particularly when it comes with live in cooks and servants!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're such an idiot.

Anonymous said...

No. Don't call him an "idiot". It only serves Steve's penchant for martyr-like prose. Then, as self-anointed moral saviour of the world, Steve develops a smug smile and whispers softly to no one else in the room "see, I was right. They're all below my standards. Mere ignorant trolls".

Steve said...

A couple of Catallaxy visitors by the looks.