Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Today's comment to Andrew Bolt

Andrew Bolt keeps tediously repeating Robyn Williams' carelessly worded comment re 100 m of sea level rise, prompting me to comment at his blog today:
Andrew, you're big on pointing out carelessly worded statements by any "warmenist", yet won't dare mention that Anthony Watts, the person who runs the world's largest skeptic blog, recently disproved his own claim that the US mean temperature record had been inflated by weather station siting issues.

Be honest and admit your own fellow traveller made a major false claim for years, and you swallowed it all; helped promote it, in fact.
We'll see if that makes it through his thread minders.

UPDATE: comment was let through. That's good. Someone asked for a link, I have tried to reply to provide it.

Keith, who seems to have been here and thinks I'm a nasty person, says Andrew did acknowledge the Watts result on his radio show. I would be curious to know when so I could listen. Is it too much to ask Bolt to acknowledge it on his blog too, given that he has previously given surfacestations.org lots of skeptic publicity? I don't think so...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see your (heh) comment was allowed.

I also notice that are couple of people are asking for more information from you - not that they expect you to reply of course.

Gab

Steve said...

Oh yes Gab, I noticed it did get through, but I haven't checked for a while. Of course I will supply links if asked.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Keith is right about you!

Anyway, what makes you so special that you expect Bolt to reply directly? Hmm?

Anonymous said...

Oops the above " anonymous" is from moi.

Gab

Steve said...

Gab: Who said I'm not wanting him to reply to me directly?

My point has been that,as he was happy to pass on Watt's stuff about surfacestations.org on his blog for years, when Watts' actual results show he was wrong in the key claim (warming bias would outbalance cooling bias in a major way) Andrew should acknowledge this on his blog.

This is particularly the case when only a year ago Andrew posted - based on Watts' wildly wrong estimate - that warming bias could account for 2/3 of warming increase over last century.

Steve said...

Who said I'm wanting him to reply to me directly, that should have been.

Anonymous said...

Steve

It's what your angling for, innit?

Anyway, as Keith said Bolt acknowledged this already on radio.

So have you contacted Watts directly yet?

Gab

Steve said...

I commented directly to Watts on his blog on the post where the papers results were announced. He got all indignant that I had said he deserved "rubbishing" at my blog. He's very sensitive, is Anthony. He said he would post again about the paper in a couple of days. He has not done so, although he did a post which merely repeated a post by co-author Nielsen-Gammon at Climate Abyss, which glides over the mean temperature issue as "boring" and then looks at the other issue of daily temperature range.

He (Watts) did not address my last comment to him, which is still the last comment on the thread.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should keep persisting with AW. You're very good at that :)

Gab

Tiny Dancer said...

Great blog. Does it get any better?