Saturday, May 10, 2014

A trend missed

My detox is better than yours: when 'clean eating' becomes a game of moral one-upmanship


I noticed this on an episode or two of the "home restaurants" on My Kitchen Rules - diners drinking something out of what looked like a jar, with straws.   Here is it on Fairfax this morning. 


What is this about?  By coincidence, I did see "mason jars" on sale at some nick nack sort of outlet shop, and that's what they appear to be.

And yes, Googling, I see that people have been asking for nearly a year now:  why are people drinking out of mason jars.   (And that is almost certainly the only time I will be posting a link to a site called Lipstick Alley.)

Elsewhere, the question has been more specific:  why do hipsters like to drink things out of mason jars.

It seems there is no satisfactory explanation, and it is, in my opinion, the silliest trend for quite a few years.

1 comment:

TimT said...

It's stupid. Was in a cafe yesterday and was so paranoid that I'd get something in a jar that I specified that the drink be served in a glass. I Blame Society.