Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Two bits of writing that cheered me up, a bit

In the New Yorker: 
A climate-change march that organizers claim was the largest on record is nevertheless unlikely to change the minds of idiots, a survey of America’s idiots reveals.
Charlie Brooker in The Guardian, writing about Apple:
As part of the iPhone 6 publicity blitz, Tim Cook also announced every iTunes user in the world would be getting U2’s new album free of charge. It was downloaded automatically on to millions of users’ phones, like a sinister virus. Music is meant to be catchy – but not until you’ve heard it. The album, which I haven’t listened to yet, is terrible: even worse than their last one, which I didn’t listen to either. I don’t want to listen to any U2 albums in case I discover I like them, and have to violently reassess my own self-image. For the past five years, it’s been delightfully easy to ignore U2. Then Apple comes along and slings them under your nose like a bowl of bum soup you didn’t order. What do we have to do? Start lobbying Google for U2’s right to be forgotten?

4 comments:

nottrampis said...

not surprisingly JC gets most of it wrong

Steve said...

Rude fool clean up, aisle one.

Steve said...

Not u, homer...

nottrampis said...

That's a shame Steve, people should get to see JC total ignorance of subjects.